Rudolf Podany - A Keramos ceramic Art Deco figurine lamp,
"Old Vienna", circa 1930, the young woman in a delicately
coloured and flower detailed dress and bonnet.
This is a very pretty figure, with some minor marks/imperfections
to the glaze.
Invalidengesellschaft für Wiener Kunstkeramik was founded at the
end of 1919 on the initiative of the three ceramicists Rudolf
Wolf, Heinrich Wolf and Ludwig Rys, who had all suffered
debilitating injuries during WWI. The company Keramos - Wiener
Kunstkeramik und Porzellanmanufaktur was founded in 1920 and
production began in September producing ceramic lamps, figurines
Josef Hoffmann was a long time partner of Keramos, as was the
sculptor Podany, who was engaged from the beginning and created a
large number of designs. From 1921 Anton Klieber was hired and he
was also responsible for a lot of the designs. On 23 February
1928, the triangular mark (the mark on this particular
figurine/lamp) was registered and production was also carried out
for the Wiener Werkstätte. Stefan Dakon and Josef Lorenzl also
created models for the firm which managed to survive until 1982
(by following trends and creating more utilitarian items) when the
company was liquidated.